Our client is a progressive Cisco Premier Partner that provides an extensive range of converged solutions integrating voice, data and video utilizing best of breed solutions. Core technologies include routing, switching, security, wireless and unified communications which are central to our growth strategy, due to an aggressive new business growth strategy, they are looking to recruit a New Business Development Manager to join a dynamic team of Cisco Accredited staff. This new role provides an excellent opportunity for a self motivated, commercially driven individual to develop, drive, manage and document all aspects of the new business sales process with a sole focus on identifying and developing new business opportunities and broadening the customer base and geographical spread.
This is a new and challenging opportunity which calls for an individual with a hunter profile that is driven by success and motivated by exceeding expectations. .
Purpose of the role:
• To develop and implement pro-active new business sales generation activities • As a target driven consultant operating as the sales function, to increase revenue/margin on behalf of CNS • To drive focused and innovative business that leads to portfolio enhancement, increased market share and sustainable new business pipelines • To assist in establishing CNS as the network and security solutions provider of choice in South Wales
Responsibilities of the role:
Cisco Relationship Development
• To assist the management team in the development of the ongoing and increasing relationship with Cisco • To implement the joint CNS/Cisco/Comstor Mentor program business plan • To undertake any additional training/education that is required to increase the level of Cisco expertise and sales performance which is vital for success in this role • To research, co-ordinate and actively implement any Cisco focused marketing activities, programs or events • To ensure that all revenue generating or cost saving programs are utilised when possible
• To develop a realistic and commercially achievable new business pipeline which addresses the financial and strategic requirements of CNS • To use an eclectic approach in the identification and conversion of new business opportunities • To conduct regular pipeline reviews with the management and technical team • Participate in setting and achieving growth targets predominantly for Cisco based business • Actively work with all members of the CNS management and technical team to identify new opportunities and close business
Pre Sales and Sales Support
• To support the management team in any pre-sales or sales development activities • To act as a credible resource in the promotion and demonstration of network solutions and services to potential new customers and be competent in developing a strong business case and documentation for the implementation of a CNS delivered solution • Maintain a current knowledge of Cisco’s Go to market strategy and mirror this where possible • Use appropriate methods to identify key decision makers, propensity to buy metrics and be conscious of the sales cycle when utilizing resources • Facilitate solution demonstrations when this will increase proposal conversion and identify any ongoing support or training needs that the customer may have
Solution and Proposal development
• Map and integrate CNS extensive network and security portfolio to address the business needs of the customer • Develop an appropriate solution utilising CNS technical resources if required that supports the CNS strategy whilst reflecting the longer term needs and expectations of the customer • Be focused on developing professional, accurate sales proposals that reflect the requirements of the customer whilst addressing the CNS revenue and margin targets • Adopt a innovative and persuasive approach in all aspects of the new business engagement that demonstrates knowledge, experience and credibility of selecting a CNS led solution or service • Keep up to date with all Cisco, CNS or third party incentives or initiatives and promote these when appropriate
Financial Forecasting Reviews and Reporting
• Provide detailed monthly financial forecasts of anticipated revenue/margins for the management team • Provide additional reporting of forecasted business when required • Participate in monthly sales meetings and provide monthly progress updates on targets
• Assist the management team in the implementation of the marketing strategy • Work in conjunction with third parties in support of the CNS marketing plan • Provide innovative marketing ideas to further promote CNS as a trusted network and security advisor • Work in conjunction with the management team • in identifying, planning, promoting and implementing marketing activities and events e.g. seminars and exhibitions
Skills and Experience
This is a challenging role that requires extensive experience of positioning and selling Cisco solutions within a commercial environment.
• Must have experience of multi level selling within public and private sector organisations • Must have a detailed understanding of the Cisco technical levels (e.g. CCNA/P, CCDA/P, CCSP and CCIE) and a Cisco Sales/Account Management accreditation and specialization is desirable • Must have a strong sales background and be familiar with the Cisco hardware and services portfolio from a business benefits and technical standpoint • Must have demonstrable experience of target driven selling and performance metrics that reflect experience and success within this marketplace • Should have an up to date knowledge of the local marketplace and customer and competitor intelligence is desirable • Will be capable of developing business and financial plans and seeing them through to commercial reality