Exciting opportunity to join a fast growing and profitable commercial vehicle and trailer manufacturing company employing over 500 people based in the North West. The company design and manufacture a range of rigid bodywork and trailers for both the dry freight and temperature controlled road transport industry, from 3.5t to 44t. In addition, the company also has a specialist division, which produces ambulance, custodial, and specialist builds.
The company is seeing an increase in demand for its products. Following significant investment within the factory to increase capacity, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager.
KEY OBJECTIVES – Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Group Sales Director you will be responsible for the promotion of one of the UK’s largest product ranges, developing relationships with prospective and existing clients to increase sales throughout the UK. You will be responsible for interpreting customer’s operational requirements, developing specifications and supplying finished quotations. You will work closely with the design team ensuring client’s technical requirements are met and managed effectively.
In addition to the manufacturing, the company operates a varied fleet of 9000 vehicles and trailers throughout the UK on short and long term hire, you will also promote this side of the business wherever possible.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Extensive liaison with existing customers and prospective clients to build new relationships
- Generating new business and converting enquires and quotations into orders
- Visiting customers’ locations to evaluate and interpret their operational enquiries
- Attracting customers and prospects to the factory, with a view to touring the plant
- Generating customer quotations ready for pricing
- Account managing the customer’s expectations from enquiry to receipt of the finished product
- Liaising with the customer and other staff members on after sales requirements
- Attending trade shows and events when required
The role will require day-to-day liaison with internal and external contacts including customers, sales, engineering, finance and production.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This role is ideally suited to an organised, proactive and self-motivated individual with a proven track record in business development within the commercial vehicle industry.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Broad knowledge and experience of technical sales requirements in the commercial vehicle industry
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Understanding of industry legal standards and technical requirements
- Experience of and ability to work to tight deadlines whilst handling multiple priorities
- Experienced and able to work effectively with minimal supervision while delivering sales targets
- Comfortable with full range of PC office and mobile software applications
- Full driving licence
You also will have good communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experiences.