- Name: Belinda
Our client is based in the vibrant high technology cluster around Cambridge and is currently looking for a Delivery Project Manager. The company is a leader in mobile, fixed, IP and optics technologies, and a pioneer in applications and services company based in UK.
- Provide support for Pre-Sales presentations about implementation projects and input for trial and live deployment proposals.
- Liaise with our client’s Pre-Sales consultants to initiate new trial and live deployments and to transfer project responsibility to Operations.
- Completion of deployment details checklist, with our client’s account team and customer.
- Manage customer trial deployments (build and lab test, installation, configuration and support for customer testing).
- Manage live customer deployment projects (build, installation, configuration, customisation, acceptance test and handover to support).
- Manage additional client deliveries as required (e.g. upgrades, migration, custom functionality or reporting).
- Hold regular progress reviews for each project with the customer and our client’s project managers.
- Follow-up and ensure closure of outstanding project and technical actions.
- Liaise with Velocix Pre-Sales consultants to document new feature requests from customers.
- Create and maintain project documentation e.g. project plans, Action Item Register (AIR).
- Produce regular progress reports for the project team and Delivery Director.
- Provide informal education on CDN operation for our client and customer staff.
- Ensure that best-practices are followed for all deployment projects.
- Maintain a library of standard methods for implementation projects (e.g. Project Manager’s handbook, template trial deployment plan, template live deployment plan, customer pre-installation checklist, user acceptance test plan).
- Must be willing to travel in Europe
The requirements :
- Previous experience in a Technical Project Management position, ideally in an ISP or network equipment supplier.
- Methodological, consistent approach - especially under pressure.
- Takes the initiative to ensure actions are completed and deadlines are met.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing a cross-functional team.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical, accurate and precise.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and projects in-line with business requirements.
Desirable skills :
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks.
- Experience of managing international IP infrastructure deployments.
- Knowledge of networking equipment administration.
- Experience of network management using SNMP
The salary will be competitive and depend on experience.